This renovated, mixed use property is currently in construction and will be a state-of-the-art, commercial cannabis cultivation facility, ready for production by late Fall, 2020. In addition to flowering and veg rooms, the facility includes dedicated space for cloning, propagation, and nurturing of mother plants, along with employee lunch/meeting space, lockers, office and conference rooms, two environmentally-controlled drying/curing rooms, and a secure loading dock and sanitation area conveniently located near the product vault room. This turnkey cultivation facility is grow-ready for the right organization that is looking to scale cannabis production.
Square footage : ~33,000 sf
● Main Floor: ~ 30,000 sf
● 2nd Floor: ~ 2,600 sf
Flowering canopy & total footage: ~7,830 sf out of 12,047 sf
Veg room canopy & total footage: ~1,792 sf out of 3,147 sf
Clone room total footage: ~328 sf
Mom room total footage: ~506 sf
Propagation room total footage: ~142 sf
Dry rooms total footage: ~1,166 sf
Current production estimates show cash flow positive returns by the sixth month of operations, including rent/mortgage payments, full staffing, marketing, utilities, and other costs of goods sold.
Annual production forecasts based on the canopy size and the growing cycles indicate that the facility will be able to generate between 4,800 and 5,200 pounds of cannabis flower per year.
The project was conceived by a team of business and construction professionals who partnered with seasoned marihuana growers. Using a combination of construction and marihuana growing best practices, along with lessons learned from lean manufacturing and supply chain management experience, Sellers devised a leading-edge facility with the following design features:
● 3000A 12.47KV indoor primary substation with integrated switchgear which allows for efficient power distribution, enables primary rate vs. secondary rate charge from the utility provider, and based on projections, will produce ROI in less than 1 year, with electrical savings in the six figures for following years.
● LED lighting systems; EMPOWER & PROPEL by ITC. 558 total light fixtures. Dimmable, energy-efficient lighting that was created specifically for the commercial cannabis space. Features high PPF uniformity, full spectrum LED, and is back by a strong warranty, local support, and rigorous quality assurance testing.
● 150TR Frigadon Chiller with dry cooler, warm loop, 6 control zones and boiler from GrowControlled. Includes temperature, oxygen, and carbon dioxide controllers, 11 rooftop air evac systems, CO2 alarm sensors, and a nitrogen generator.
● Kilowatch Energy Management System; real time energy usage monitoring and automated energy savings features, controlling both the lighting and environmentals (temperature, humidity, O2/CO2 levels, and RH). Includes remote access, cloud access and back-up, and data logging with export for integration with cultivation management software.
● 3” Kingspan Insulated Metal Panels (IMP – room inside a room) “clean” flowering and veg rooms – food grade, washable, gas tight sealed wall and floor joints, sliding doors with egress/window hatch for viewing inside without changing environmentals or opening the room to possible contaminants.
● Custom, automated irrigation system and water room that includes reverse osmosis (RO), a 5,000 gallon storage tank, UV filtration loop, connection to the fertigation system and PVC lines to all veg/flower rooms. Rooms have built-in irrigation drops to enable room-by-room special dosing/feeding (dosatron) and include four distinct feeding zones/flowering rooms using drip lines.
● Rolling, single-tier table systems from Innovative Growers Equipment in all veg and flower rooms, stacked/tiered system in the cloning room.
● Truly connected building technology base; shielded CAT6 cabling and wireless throughout, connecting equipment controls (environmental, irrigation, fertigation, and lighting data) with 1 Irrigation & Fertigation systems have been specified, but not yet purchased. There is flexibility to customize this portion of the building pending the purchaser’s growing preferences, cultivation management and METRC compliant software (optional), ensuring regulatory compliance as well as the ability to analyze, predict, and improve production.
● NFPA Fire Suppression; fully sprinkled and meets all requirements of the State of Michigan.
● Security plan includes contactless card access, estimated 78 cameras, remote alarm and camera monitoring with an on-site security room for video surveillance to be in compliance with the State of Michigan regulations.
● Utilizes state of the art firewalls, network switches and network security design along with remote uptime monitoring and remote management to ensure stability and security of the network.
● Closed cell spray foam insulation applied to all exterior walls and roof decks to help control building environment, vapor control, and odor caused by the growing operations. An intumescent paint has been applied to all exposed spray foam.
● New single ply EPDM membrane roof, not including the small second floor area.